Thursday, September 4, 2008

Havoc In Hastings 2008

Over the weekend I attended the Havoc in Hastings event. It was a nice demo and a lot of people stopped by to check out the fighting area. I hopefully this will result in some new members for Three Walls.

Sir Angus Gordon was running the Authorizations. I put on my MIT hat and helped out. There were two new authorizations, one re-authorization and one out of kingdom authorization for the day. Sir Brannos did a great job of running commentary explaining what was going on to the spectators and it reminds me that we sometimes fail to do that well during demo’s. I received another signature for acting as MIT for the event and now need one more to be able to take the test to become a Marshal!! Hopefully I can get the last signature this month and try to wrap up this process.

As far as I could determine the only other members from Stormvale attending were Erevon and Eron. They spent the day shopping and at the archery field. I did not see them at the event but they had noticed me on the list and had expected me to come over and say hi. Without my glasses I am good to 75-100 feet but past that I cannot make out individuals. So they yelled at me Sunday for not being sociable but it was more blindness and not so much anti-social. I probably should have stayed for court but as the fighting was wrapping up I ended up running home.

No comments: