Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tuesday Guild Night

Well last night was a catch up night, with several people having projects to complete, it was decided to work in some days which had no specific task. I would allow different projects at various stages of completion to be worked on. I think we had 11 people all together, most of the kids worked on Mancala boards or bags to carry their boards in. If I understand correctly some of the bags and napkins had gotten painted before I arrived and they will be competed at a later date.
I cheated and instead of working on my box (which I still need to complete ) I took my gambeson and sewed on the buttons that had fallen off from combat. Using advice from Eron and Teryll, I used four strands (instead of the two used earlier) to ensure that buttons will stay on. The gambeson is so thick that I have to use a pair of pliers to pull the leather needle, that Teryll lent me, through the fabric. Last meeting I managed to only attach two buttons but I have now doubled my speed!!! I was able to get four buttons sewn on Tuesday night. I have four left to put back on and three that are still attached that will need additional thread to strengthen them.
I forgot the camera so no pictures this week. Sorry.

No comments: