Thursday, May 3, 2007

Tuesday's at Terryl's

Tuesday nights fighting practice was well attended with over 22 people (if I remembered everyone). Some of the members worked on guild projects in the workshop while the fighters plied their trade in the driveway and yard.

We had 6 or more ( its hard to keep them all straight or count them ) young people taking part in boffer fighting while 7 members practiced their fencing skills.
Fencing consisted of Drogo, Diego, Andrew, Connor and myself. The fencing wrapped up as darkness drove us from the field. It was nice seeing Diego, Connor and Andrew again. We have two youth members who would like to take part in fencing as well for a total of 9. I will need to pull out the fencing equipment more often and develop a kit of my own. Its getting old just wearing the tripplett starter set with a tabard thrown over top. So my SCA to do list grows longer.

We had no heavy weapons training as none of the fighters in that form, brought their armor. I was not prepared myself as I have started re-working most of my kit and it’s taking longer than expected. I should be able to take the field again by next weekend.

No comments: