Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pennsic 2007 Report



I attended Pennsic for the first time in a couple years!!! While it was fun and I enjoyed War, this was the worst year weather wise than any Pennsic that I remember. I arrived about 3pm on Sunday the 5th and left at 11:30pm on Friday the 10th. It rained for at least 20 minutes each day I was at War. It was so humid that even when it wasn’t raining if often felt like it was. I did not have a problem with water in my tent, many others in the Stormvale camp did have problems including several inches of water in some of the tents. Next year we will have to trench next to the road to prevent the water running down the road and dumping on that side of our camp.
I fought in a couple of the battles and had a blast!! The resurrection battles really wore me out. When fighting in the resurrection battles I needed the next day to help recuperate. My goal is to be able to fight in all the battles next year. I liked the fact that the battles for heavy weapons all started in the morning and avoided the worst heat of the day.

No comments: