Monday, October 29, 2007

Helmet needs repair

Disaster has stuck!!! (or at least it seems so)

Apparently at the 25th year anniversary of Stormvale while fighting I bent my basinets visor hinge again. It had been prone to bending and lately I have had to reshape it several times. I think the metal fatigue has caused a permanent weak spot. Now it bends very easily and will not be long till it breaks.

To get a replacement from the original armorer will take up to 6 months and would require me sending my helmet to help facilitate the repair. I have taken the piece to a local tool and die shop and will get a quote from them to make a new one or perhaps two.

In the mean time I will need to carefully repair the hinge and hope it makes it through practice until a new one can be made. I guess I could always fix up my original helmet since my Norse helm is on loan at the moment. It would have to be sanded and made legal for face thrusts. My list of stuff just gets longer and longer.

No comments: