Thursday, May 22, 2008

Iron Oak Demo

Last Saturday (May 17th) I attended a Demo/Parade held by the Incipient Canton of Iron Oak. It was part of the Annual Railroad Days held each year in Durand, MI . I believe 10 or 11 SCA members walked in the parade which was a mile to a mile and ½ in length. This was the first time that Iron Oak participated in the event and hopefully they will attract some members as a result of the parade.

Also in attendance was the Baron and Baroness of Northwoods Odo & Dulcinea, Lady Morgaine the Iron Oak Seneschal, her two daughters and several other Canton members. I must apologize as I had intended to get everyone’s name but discovered on the drive home that I had neglected too.

I put on my best armor including the houndskull faceplate for my Basinet and enjoyed the parade walk. I had to be careful to not run into people or step in pot holes as the vision in the helmet while the houndskull is on is almost none existent.

No comments: