Saturday, July 10, 2010

Armor repair


I have apparently neglected the routine maintenance of my Armor!!! At a recent practice my shield edging came loose so I switched to two sword. Then after a couple minutes my sword finally pulped out and it broke at the cross guard. In addition I have been having problems with my leg armor. If I wear the legs for a couple hours the leather stretches and the knees drop down too far.

Having taken a complete inventory of my fighting kit, I need to put some work into nearly everything. So I am starting at the top and working down and fixing everything. This week is my helmet. The interior liner is loose and the leather cord for the aventail is frayed so I have taken them both out to replace.

The liner (after a good washing) is fine and looks to be in better shape than I thought. One small seam had split and the thread actually holding it into the helmet had worn away. Now the seam is patched up and I am in the process of sewing the liner back into the helmet.

No comments: