Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pentamere Regional Seneschal

I have been chosen to be the next Pentamere Regional Seneschal. This will be effective early in 2008 after Duchess Eanor, the current Regional Seneschal, has wrapped up a couple projects that she is in the middle of. I am hoping to learn as much as I can from her before the change of office takes place.

I have been in the SCA for 25 years but in the last 8-9 years have devoted 80% or more of my time to my local Shire (The Shire of Stormvale) often at the detriment of playing in the larger SCA. In 2006 I took stock of my participation in the SCA and decided to get more active and change my percentage of local activity to a more balanced number. By this summer I had increased my event participation and activity level to the point that I thought I would look for a regional job in the Marshal or Service arena. In October I noticed the job posting for Pentamere Regional Seneschal on the new Middle Kingdom forumhttp://forum.midrealm.org/ and thought this would be a good opportunity so I applied.

This will be my second office above the local Shire level. In 1994-1996 I was the Opinicus Pursuivant which is a deputy position to the Rouge Scarpe and helped make sure that the name and device submissions for the kingdom went smoothly. It was a very interesting job and consisted of a lot of paperwork including informing people of the status of their submissions. Either that they had passed the Kingdom level or that they had been sent back because of some problem or conflict.

No comments: