Monday, November 19, 2007

Update on Armoring







I had Robert over Friday night (11-9) to work on his armor. He is taking my old set and we are fitting it to him. He turns 18 in May and would like to be ready to authorize by then. So he dished the dents out of an old pair of pauldrons and strapped them. This is his first riveting job!!!



He wants to make a set of nice Japanese armor so as we finish this set we will start making his nice set. It will be made of ABS plastic and will give me the opportunity to learn how to form the plastic with heat.



While he was working on the pauldrons I fitted my new gauntlets for gloves and added a couple straps to them to hold the gloves on. I now need to sew the gloves on to the leather strips I riveted onto the gloves. I also bent my helmet hinge back so I could fight until the new ones are finished.



All in all a fairly productive night!!!

No comments: