Thursday, February 8, 2007

Marshal of the Field

A couple days ago, I sent an e-mail request to the Kingdom and Pentamer Regional Marshal asking permission to become a warranted Marshal of the Field. I haven’t heard anything back yet and will wait until Monday to bother them again. I am not sure if it will be possible to put this on a fast track or not. According to the Marshals Handbook you are supposed to request permission first and then help marshal at a minimum of four events. After you receive signatures from the marshals in charge of the events you helped at, you take a test administered by the Kingdom or Regional Marshal. If you pass you get to be a Marshal. This must all be accomplished within one year of starting the process.
History:
I had completed the process in the past including passing the test, but the Earl Marshal at that time lost all the paperwork. So I resubmitted my copies but while I was doing so the Marshals in office changed. The new Earl Marshal had his own ideas on how he wanted to run the system and essentially said “since I don’t have your paperwork and I want to change the test, go ahead and start over”. I was so “irritated” that I dropped the whole thing. One of the times in the past that the SCA bureaucracy had gotten my goat.

No comments: