Thursday, February 15, 2007

Projects


Since the Tuesday night Artisans Guild was called on account of snow, I worked on a couple of the projects from my list. I managed to complete one of the sets of Banner Stands. This will be for Balian so I painted it in his Livery colors of blue and white. I think it turned out ok. I have had to remake several of the bases but should be ready to finish off several of these including another one for the Shire. Remaining to make are:
Stormvale Green/White
Ervon Red/Blue
Melisande Purple/Black
Eron Wood Stain
Skalla Red/White?
History:
A couple years ago I promised to make several of these stands but had a design problem with the base. I was making these from a plan developed and published by Sir Charles Oakley. Several of the bases I made ended up splitting. I had purchased pine as the lumber and it wasn’t holding up under regular use. Out of annoyance, I put the project aside and gave the only completed on to Stormvale. We painted it gold and used it at the St. Joan event. I am not sure who has it now or how its holding up. I have had to redesign the base and make it far less graceful so that I can use pine instead of a stronger but far more expensive wood.

No comments: