Friday, February 23, 2007

New armor!!




The armor I ordered has arrived!!!

I now have a set of half gauntlets that match, a set of full gauntlets and a nifty hat to Marshal in. It only took about seven days to arrive. I think that’s the quickest armor order I have ever received.

I decided to get a set of gauntlets as my current pair should be taken apart and reshaped. They no longer articulate smoothly after all the beating they have taken over the years. I didn’t want to take the time to fix them right now. In addition I need better hand protection for my loaner set of armor. I had been using hockey gloves as hand protection for the loaner outfit but they would probably not pass inspection any longer. So this should kill two birds as they say.
So I need to add to my SCA list of Things to do:
Add gloves to the new full gauntlets
Add helmet liner of some kind to the Kettle Helmet
Fix my old gauntlets for loaner armor.

No comments: